I’m so glad to announce that Dreams to Discover recently nominated me for the Mystery Blogger Award, thank you so much!
About Dreams to Discover
Dreams to Discover is a blog run by two lovely couples who married in 2003, they enjoy dancing, cooking, dining, out, and travelling. They run their own run hand-crafted soap company. They are both outdoor enthusiasts enjoying snorkeling and other outdoor pursuits. Their blog is a labor of love to share some of their travels, outdoor experiences, dining experiences, and recipes.
What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
The Mystery Blogger Award was created by Okoto Enigma. You can read more about her here. In short, she describes it as:
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.
– Okoto Enigma
You can read more about Okoto Enigma in the link above.
Mystery Blogger Award Rules
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
3 Things About Me
- I’m a researcher. On my Writing a THESIS at age 14 blog post, I shared my wild roller coaster experience as a student researcher. The journey wasn’t easy, but I regret nothing because I learned a lot.
- I have never traveled outside of the Philippines. Every summer, me and my family travel to different places in the Philippines, including El Nido in Palawan, Baguio, and of course, Manila. I’ve always dreamed of traveling to Europe and the Americas.
- I have lots of hobbies apart from blogging. I am a poet, artist (I mostly do watercolor and oil paintings and digital art), inline skater (I’ve always dreamed of becoming a figure skater), violinist and pianist, and a journalist.
Nominator’s Questions for Me
How long have you been blogging?
This is my third year as a blogger. I started blogging on a book blog since late 2017 and stopped last year, then I started this blog, which began with my first post, Summer Vibes: Yellow Outfit Ideas for Summer . However, I’ve only started blogging consistently since January 2020.
Do you blog full time or is this your second job?
I don’t monetize my blog yet and it’s not a hobby I do full time yet but it takes a large part of my time. I don’t mind because I enjoy writing and sharing pieces of my life!
Could you share the most difficult obstacle you have to overcome in blogging?
I have always had trouble with posting content consistently and finding inspiration. I’m hoping to improve within my next few months because I really want to do long-term blogging!
What is one goal you have for 2020 in blogging?
I actually have so many, including working with more brands. I’m hoping to work with fashion and beauty brands soon.
Do you ever get discouraged about blogging?
Yes, so many times! There are so many better bloggers out there and I feel so small and insignificant. But then I remember that this is my life and I still have so many stories to share to the world, so here I still am, and I wrote a blog post called 8 Self-Care Ideas To Restore Dedication, Motivation and Inspiration.
My Nominees For The Mystery Blogger Award
Kayleigh Zara of Kayleigh Zara
Lindsey Kyle of Cozy Stylist
Beth of The Makeup by Beth
Sophie of This Brilliant Day
Charity of Mornings on Macedonia
Essie of Skin Careless
Eleanor of Eleanor Claudie
Stephanie of The LDN Gal
Rhiannon of Mrs. Slee-Jones
Tuva of Tuva’s World
Questions for My Nominees
- What is your blogging niche?
- How did you discover and start blogging?
- If you use your voice and influence as a blogger, what cause or advocacy would you support?
- How has blogging changed your life?
- What are your blogging goals for 2020?
I am very grateful to receive this award. I’m hoping to connect more with the lovely bloggers I mentioned. For the last bit of this post, here are some of my favorite blog posts I’ve written:
- TRAVEL BUCKETLIST: A-Z
- The Perfect Filipino Feast: Food Ideas + Recipe
- How To Get Clear Skin Naturally | 5 Best Skincare Tips
- Daily Morning Routine
- 9 Tourist Destinations to Visit in Manila
Thank you for taking the time to read this blog post!